During COP26 RenewableNI is holding their Smart Energy Conference as part of the Presidency Programme regional roadshows.
Held on Tuesday 2 November in Belfast’s ICC, Derry and Strabane District Council has partnered with RenewableNI enabling the event to also offer online tickets.
The Smart Energy Conference focuses on the importance of working together to accelerate Northern Ireland’s transition to clean energy.
Head of RenewableNI, Steven Agnew said:
“As world leaders come together to provide a global solution to climate change, RenewableNI offers a Northern Ireland platform.
“Smart Energy 2021 will plan a decade of ambition for the Northern Ireland renewables industry. A combination of world leading innovations and investment in tried and trusted renewable technologies will see us decarbonise our energy systems while at the same time providing a green economic recovery.”
Recognising the importance of the event, Economy Minister Gordon Lyons will provide the keynote speech ahead of the NI Energy Strategy publication.
Speaking ahead of the event, the Minister said:
“I am delighted to have the opportunity to speak at Smart Energy 2021 and to highlight the important role that renewables will continue to play as we implement the new NI Energy Strategy and move towards further decarbonising the energy sector in Northern Ireland”
As covid restrictions ease and the Northern Ireland economy begins to recover, RenewableNI will highlight the social, economic, and environmental impact of the industry. Expert speakers will discuss challenges and issues specific to the area, and how NI can contribute to the UK’s climate policies.
Le-ann Campbell, from Carson McDowell, event partners, will examine legislative changes and what “going digital” means for the renewable electricity sector.
The full speaker line-up:
- Economy Minister, Gordon Lyons
- Rachel Anderson, RES, Head of Communications and Policy and current Chair of RenewableNI
- Mark Brennan, Shared Ownership Manager, Local Energy Scotland
- Le-ann Campbell, Carson McDowell energy team
- Dr Joe Devlin, Energia Group and Chair of the WEI Hydrogen and Electrofuels Working Group
- Anne Ford, Drumlin Wind Energy Co-op
- Tamasin Fraser, Director, ABO Wind
- Derek Roddy, Co-Founder & CEO, climote and Founder of Energycloud
- Russell Smyth, Partner, Corporate Finance, KPMG
- David Surplus OBE, Managing Director, B9 Energy Storage Ltd.